Rapid Set & High Strength Repair Mortar
Newton 203-RM is a single-component, fast-setting, Portland cement-based structural mortar, used primarily for the durable repair of concrete. Ideal for roads, runways, bridges, decks, floors and footpaths.
Setting in just 10 minutes at 20ºC, Newton 203-RM is ideal for areas that cannot be taken out of service for long periods, or where the concrete is subjected to heavy wear such as roads, runways, bridges, decks, floors and footpaths.
Polymer-modified, and fibre-reinforced, Newton 203-RM is physically and chemically compatible with the host concrete, quickly exhibiting high adhesive and compressive strength. As a single component, requiring only the addition of water, the resulting mortar is rapid curing with enhanced polymeric properties and reliable strength development which is not significantly affected by low temperature use. The mortar can be used as supplied up to 100mm deep, or it can be bulked out with sharp sand to form a high performance screed or for floor or deck repairs up to maximum depth of 300mm.
- Incorporates the latest proven cement chemistry, fibre and styrene acrylic copolymer technology
- Reliable strength development, even at sub-zero temperatures, gives rapid return to service
- Prepackaged material only requires mixing with clean water. Can be bulked out with sand or aggregate
- High bond strength exceeds tensile strength of concrete, thus ensuring monolithic performance of the repair
- Sets in 10 minutes at 20°C yielding a durable, high strength mortar
- Dense matrix resists 10 bar water pressure. Very high diffusion resistance to acid gases and chloride ions
- Sulphate resistance to class DS-5/5m of BRE Special Digest 1 and ideally suited for sewage and wastewater applications
- Portland cement base with physical properties of cured material similar to base concrete
- Non-toxic when cured and is listed as authorised under Regulation 31 for use in the supply of drinking water
- Economic mortar requiring no substrate or inter-layer priming. Part bags can be mixed
- Rapid, durable and extremely strong repair to concrete including leading edge repairs to step nosings
- Bonded low thickness screed
- Very strong and durable floors to areas subjected to heavy wear such as roads, runways, bridges, decks, floors and footpaths
- High bond and quick drying smoothing fillet for use with Newton liquid waterproofing products
“Whilst Newton 203-RM is certainly an advanced product, one of it’s greatest strengths is it’s simplicity. Just by mixing with clean water, you get an extremely strong waterproof product that has all manner of applications, including as a concrete repair mortar, a strong and durable flooring, a low-thickness screed, and a smoothing fillet for use with Newton’s liquid waterproofing membranes.”
Warren Muschialli, Managing Director