Cementitious Flexible Waterproofing Membrane
Newton 107F is a two-component, cementitious, polymer-rich coating for the waterproofing and protection of concrete and masonry that can be spray-applied and is therefore ideal for large projects. Capable of withstanding heads of both positive and negative water pressure up to 10 bar, Newton 107F is ideally suited to the waterproofing of reservoirs, tunnels, water tanks, basements, podium decks, flat roofs, balconies and terraces. Due to its elastic properties, it is especially capable where the structure has both masonry and concrete elements and where differential movement is expected.
- Pre-packaged materials easily mixed on site
- Tough, flexible coating which maintains its elastomeric properties even under immersed conditions to accommodate movement in cracks
- Good abrasion and very high resistance to freeze/thaw cycles and de-icing salts
- Excellent adhesion to sound prepared concrete and masonry substrates, as well as steel
- Dense matrix offers low permeability to water, even at 10 bar pressure, and very high diffusion resistance to carbon dioxide gas
- A 2mm coat provides the equivalent to 135mm of good quality concrete cover
- Can be applied to damp substrates in temperatures down to 5°C
- Water-based product, free from hazardous solvents, ideal for use in confined spaces
- Non-toxic when cured
Application Rate: 3.2kg/m²
Related Case Studies
Below Ground Waterproofing Solution for a New-Build, Surrey
Waterproofing Damp Vaults – Pineapple Dance Studios
Waterproofing the Hotel Football Manchester – Phase 2
Waterproofing Riverside Properties
Newton 107F is a two-component, cementitious, polymer-rich coating for the waterproofing and protection of concrete and masonry. Capable of withstanding heads of water pressure to 10 bar, both positively and negatively, Newton 107F is ideally suited to the waterproofing of:
- Water tanks
- Podium decks
- Flat roofs
It is especially capable where the structure has both masonry and concrete elements, where differential movement is expected, due to its elastic properties.
When mixed, Newton 107F is thixotropic to enable ease of application by brush or airless spray, providing an even finish with no sagging and excellent adhesion to prepared concrete and masonry substrates, even in vertical situations.
Newton 107F hydrates to form a durable, highly alkaline, permanently elastomeric coating which not only protects the concrete or other substrates from water penetration and carbon dioxide diffusion, but also accommodates movement in cracks and at movement joints. It is non-hazardous and ideally suited for application in confined spaces.
Newton 107F is reinforced over static joints and at details and changes of direction with Newton 912-RT. For horizontal movement joints use Newton 106 FlexProof-NV and for vertical movement joints, Newton 106 FlexProof-X1.
Newton 107F is ideal for waterproofing:
- Podium decks, flat roofs, terraces and balconies
- Water-retaining structures such as water tanks and reservoirs
- Earth-retaining foundation walls to both the positive and negative side
- Internal concrete surfaces of walls and rafts or slabs to earth-retained structures such as habitable basements, car parks, plant rooms and lift-pits